Retirement Management Executive Forum - Recent Topics and Testimonials
December 2016 Meeting Topics:
- Dinner Speaker: "Do Elections Have Consequences? The Outlook for Retirement in the 115th Congress"; Chris Gaston, Senior Policy Director, Davis & Harman LLP
- Industry panel: "The DOL Rule: Addressing Areas of Ambiguity and Potential Outcomes for the Retirement Services Industry ~ Where Do We Go From Here?"; Blaine Aikin, Executive Chairman, FI360; Jason Roberts, Founder & CEO, Pension Resource Institute & Partner, Retirement Law Group; Karen Scheffler, Senior ERISA Legal Counsel, AllianceBernstein
- Roundtable Survey and Discussion: Key Issues About the DOL Fiduciary Rules
- "The New Importance of Clarity in Retirement"; Michael Finke, Dean and Chief Academic Officer, The American College; Sponsored by Ron Nelson, Dir. Research & Product Support, Northwestern Mutual;
Presentations/Sessions at earlier RMEF Meetings:
- "Visioning the Future of Advice and Product Delivery in a Fiduciary World", Michael E. Kitces, MSFS, MTAX, CFP, CLU, ChFC, RHU, REBC, CASL
- "Both Ends of Pennsylvania Ave: The Latest on the Fiduciary Proposal and Implications for the Financial Services Industry", Michael L. Hadley, Partner, Davis & Harman LLP
- Redefining the Fiduciary in the Employer-Based Market; Views of Providers and Sponsors, Mark Fortier, Director, Defined Contribution, NISA Investment Advisors, LLC; Doug McIntosh, VP, Investments, Prudential Investments
- USAA Financial Readiness Score, Gregg Rivas, Executive Director, Retirement & Wealth Planning, USAA; Lea Sims, AVP, Enterprise Advice Group, USAA
- The Research Behind the American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series, Layla Kim, VP, Retirement Income, American Funds Distributors
Attendee Comments about RMEF Meetings:
- "Great meeting. Member presentations were the highlight."
- "As good a meeting as I've been to. Well done."
- "The DOL discussions were valuable for enabling me to envision how my firm can prepare."
- "There was great engagement from most of the group."
- "Michael Hadley hit the mark. He was confident and not a bore."
- "The USAA presentation was very relevant."
- "Content was excellent and timely."
Contact Borden Ayers at 610-989-1710 ext. 2 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to
learn how to become a part of this unique industry group.